Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Update on my Vintage Spun Cotton Dolls...

Hi Everyone!!!

I am having the greatest week....creating new Holiday things....getting organized and packing up a lot of art for my art show this week.....I love being busy as a bee.....I love creating things that were created over 150 years ago...like these Vintage inspired Spun cotton dolls.....

I prop these up on glasses and things so they add a little touch of fun to a special vignette in any room....

Over 150 years ago in Germany cottage industries produced handmade ornaments spun from cotton. Each was unique. Later, the craft expanded to Occupied Japan and Russia. Today these ornaments are highly prized and collectible but little information is available about how they were made.

This is the way I think they were made...and I enjoy creating each piece.....My favorite part in the whole process...is the embellishing....I have all sorts of amazing fabrics and floral pieces that really make me happy.....

Happy Tuesday and Happy Creating Everyone....

Creative Every Day!!! art every day month....I participate and love this!!!

12 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

More creative doll ornaments, ~ They are really beautiful and wishing you much success on your upcoming show! ~ Happy Creating ~ Carol ^_^

Just finished working on one of my 'She Spirits' ~ now lunch break and am online ~ cutting back on that also so I can be creating! ~ ^_^

Denice @ inkstitch said...

These are amazing Diana!Truly!

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful dolls Diana. x

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

how cute. I have to work at carving out some creative time myself.
Debbi
- ourhometoyours

Christine said...

They are beautifully dressed!

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful, great detail.

Christine Martell said...

I like the sassy attitude they have. So much fun, and inspiring.

Gwen said...

These are so uniquely unusual...thanks for that bit of background...it all helps bring them to life..Really lovely. I bet they are fun to make.
Gwen xx

Heather said...

oooh, wow! LOVE all that sparkle!

Tammie Lee said...

Diana,
your ornaments are beautiful! How lovely that you are upholding an old craft.

yoborobo said...

These are so adorable, Diana! You should make some with little wires on the back, because I could see hanging them on the wall in a little girl's bedroom - wouldn't that be cute? Also, on a Christmas tree! Weeee! I'm with you in busy bee having fun mode. :) xox

Tracey FK said...

hey are looking amazing and lucky you like being busy because from the sounds of things this will be a huge week xx

 
Blogging tips