Friday, November 4, 2011

Let them eat Macarons!


Hi Everyone....I am a bit early to the Paint Party Friday event this week....but can you blame a girl....I just got a shipment of my watercolour paper from France and I was so excited when the courier came that he thought I may have lost my mind....

So what better things to paint on French paper....than a special Ladurée window featuring some colourful and fun treats....so here is my latest watercolour painting....these colours just make me so happy.....

Have you been to Paris and enjoyed a treat at Ladurée? ......and did you know that Ladurée is a luxury cakes and pastries brand based in Paris, France. It is known as the inventor of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. (That is amazing) They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world. I am selling the original painting in my Etsy Shop and prints too.....if you want to see some cute illustrations you have to check out their site....adorable!!!!!!



I am also working on a whole bunch of new watercolour cut out Paris inspired cards.....my shop is running low so I had to!!! these are so much fun to create!

amazing how some special art supplies can make ones week so happy!!!! oh and if you read my blog and love it....you can vote for me.......


I have been nominated....but anyone can also vote for me by heading to the site link here.....you can vote for my blog each and every day till the contest ends....what a wonderful day indeed!!!

Thank you for reading my blog and thank you for your vote....

Nice to know I have visitors!!!!

Hugs and Happy Creating!!!
Diana

27 comments:

Christine said...

your painting is just lovely! Great subject matter too. Yum!

Unknown said...

Thank you Christine!!!!

Heather said...

beautiful! we just had one open in NYC on the upper east side- can't wait to go to and see it...your painting makes me happy today - YAY for Paris and macaroons!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I am always impressed and inspired when I visit you... busy and creative as always. Off to vote for you too. :)
Lisa

Unknown said...

you are so lucky Heather! you will have to take window photos for me.

Lisa! you are so sweet.....

Alexandra MacVean said...

I LOVE your new headers, Diana. :) And I went and voted for you as well. Hugs!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

Oh yes please...I will have a macaron! your Laduree window is perfect, just how it looks and the colours are gorgeous.
We enjoyed lunch there and I think it was my favourite meal, while in France.
Off now to vote for you, good luck!

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great post!! I love this painting ,, wow, I have never been to Paris but now I have,,.
I had to start a new blog and I would love for you to follow me there.I linked it from my old blog,,

Sunshineshelle said...

OK Convinced I need a plane ticket, love the macaroons! Happy PPF :)

carol l mckenna said...

Delish painting and 'cut out' cards ~ would love to hear more about these ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful painting! How wonderful that you get watercolour paper shipped all the way from France - is it special paper that you can't get locally? I love the subject matter although fear I can no longer eat such things (unless I find a vegan alternative!)

Lilac & Lavender said...

I love the bright colors... it feels as if I'm standing there taking in this sweet sight in person :) Wonderful job!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Yummy, yum, yum post!
Two of my favorite things...Paris and macaroons!!

Happy PPF,
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Netty said...

Gorgeous painting Diana, full of yummy goodness. Happy PPF, xx

Teri said...

Wowzers! beautiful painting! Wow.

Tracey FK said...

Macarons and roses... just doesn't get better than that really... heading over to vote for you now so good luck and happy PPF xx

Anonymous said...

What a happy, delicious looking painting, Diana. Great work. Faye

Ayala Art said...

What a sweet post hehe, good luck I voted for you!

carlarey said...

Parisian macaroons...I might have just teared up a little. Love the painting, and enjoy the paper and the treats!

Jaime Haney said...

What a great painting Diana! And I love love love those cut out cards. New art supplies is my favorite thing, besides chocolate and my son ;)

I'll vote for you!
xx Jaime

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful work...wishing you the best of luck...you deserve it for sure!

Virtual Boy said...

Well, I've been to Paris once but never had a macaron! XD

Your painting is so beautiful, love all the bright colors really popping out against the calm background~

// -T.W-

Unknown said...

The best treats of all are the painted one- 'cause they are calorie free! And no, you're not alone in getting excited over new supplies- I always feel like it's Christmas whenever a Dick Blick box arrives :D
Happy PPF (a day late ;))
Stephanie
P.S. Your cards look wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a Yummy painting. I really does look amazing.. I love it!!! Happy PPF!!

Janet said...

Yum! Your beautiful painting makes me hungry for macaroons! I love the colors in this piece.

Denise said...

Ooooo Lovely!Very talented that you are for sure.I also really like your header-so sweet and cute- Denise

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love your painting! I love all the little details. I have never been to Paris...but, someday I hope to get there. :)

 
Blogging tips