Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like.........

Happy Sunday Everyone.....

I was sitting with our son the other day and he asked me why we haven't started decorating for Christmas....I told him it was early.....and not to worry ....we will be decorating before you know it.....It is so sweet how my love of the Holidays has rubbed off on this wee little man.....he really makes me love the Holidays even more....so great to have someone around with the same love for the holidays as me....

You see....I love love love Christmas time.....it is my favorite time of year...
Spending time with Family ,decorating , Listening to Christmas songs on the radio, baking treats ...it is never too early for me....I love everything about it....

So this week....our son inspired me to start thinking about the Holidays and this illustration came to life....It is my Sunday Sketch submission this week.....so join in and share some of your work with Sophia and her Sunday Sketches weekly link up......

I am off to enjoy a Family Breakfast......then a blog hop......and finally back in the Studio tonight to colour this piece and create a few snowmen!!! This whole turn the clock back thing makes me think I got up way too early for a Sunday....lol.....but gaining an hour is always a good thing!!!

Happy Sunday and Happy Creating....

Hugs
Diana

22 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Really? Cole already asked for Christmas decorations? Good for him. Celebrate Christmas. Celebrate the holidays. We need more children like Cole and mothers like you! I love Christmas. It's my favorite month!!!

Unknown said...

Yes CES!!!! he is a man after my own heart!!!! I love that he has the same thoughts as me!!! Brad is not too thrilled when they start playing Christmas songs on the radio in November....but Cole and I love it!!!!

Ces Adorio said...

Heheheheh! I can see the three of you. What a lovely scene though. Your husband will eventually just give in. How can he resist such joyful celebration? That's wonderful. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

you are so right CES!!!! he will eventually give in....and once I start my baking...he will be happy to enjoy the celebrations!!!! you have a wonderful week too!!!! hugs

Christine said...

adorable reindeer sketch, it puts me in the mood!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christine!!! I can't wait to start decorating for the Holidays!!!

Joni Nickrent said...

So cute...love the reindeer sketch...I say when the spirit moves you let the decorating begin! Happy Holidays! :)

Molly said...

I can't believe it's almost Christmas already! Where did the year go?!?

Love your festive reindeer, especially their pretty antlers and their holly neck ties. Great details!

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh this is adorable!! I love reindeers!

WrightStuff said...

Ah that reminds me... my son and I were going to write our Christmas lists to Santa today. I'll go and grab paper and pen!

Cathy Bueti said...

THis is great Diana! so cute! And yes that time change does mix me up a bit too but the extra hour is a good thing! :)

Unknown said...

This is a lovely pice, I like it! I can feel the holidays here. Thanks for sharing!!

Morph Waffle said...

This is great, love the swirly antlers! I'm all amped up about the holiday season too (Don't tell anyone, but I listened to Christmas music the other day).

martinealison said...

Tu as un petit garçon tellement adorable ma chère Diana. Profite bien de ces doux moments de partage. Le temps passe si vite...
Bravo pour cette dernière création.
j'aime la manière que tu as travaillé leurs bois... Très original et si tendre...
Je te fais de gros bisous...
La semaine du 14 novembre, je pars quelques jours. dans un premier temps, je vais à Honfleur, puis je me rends chez mes enfants dans le Finistère Nord.
Gros bisous encore.

Teri said...

I love how much Cole influences you.
You need to meet up with Pam at Gingerbread snowflakes-she loves Christmas also and does lots of Xmas crafts. http://gingerbreadsnowflakes.com/

carol l mckenna said...

Love your reindeer sketch ~ You always have great creations ~ enjoy 'your wee man' ~ they grow sooooo quickly ~ Happy Sunday ~ Enjoy ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy S S ^_^

hime s said...

i've always loved your sketches.. cant wait to see it painted :)

Jennibellie said...

Great sketch, all the decorations will be up in no time, last year some houses around me had their lights up in October but I'm glad it's taking it's time this year - makes it more special. Thanks for sharing, Jennibellie xx

Heather said...

we all need a little christmas a tad early this year i think! I am totally with you on that and COLE! how cute....l
love these reindeer....enjoy your day! xo

Victoria said...

Hi Diana..so beautiful and whimsical..your pieces always have such charm and enchantment..this one is a beauty!
Victoria

ArtistUnplugged said...

My son is overjoyed this time of year....he's 23! He loves Christmas time! I love it too, it's the work of it that does me in. Nevermind that....these are way too precious!!!!!!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I saw these coloured in on FB and absolutely LOVE them. Awww..I want some reindeer. :D Hee Hugs

 
Blogging tips