Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More of my weekly process.....in purple for Creative Tuesdays.....

May 9th  2011


purple 2

Every week I have fun with a little creative exercise I like to call...Sketch Workout....here is my fun process.....in case you missed my post about this....

This week the I doodles the sketches above...no rhyme or reason....just a fun little exercise when you need some inspiration....which I love inspiration every week....so this is what I turn to for fun.....

I then took a few pieces and created this super fun bloom......

I added some stems and leaves and created this fun art piece.....I mainly work on this exercise for Art Licensing   surface designs....and it is amazing what a few doodles can turn into.....

I also made a new repeat design so you can see how this design would translate into fabric......

purple


purple 3

I worked on these piece in shades of purple as inspired by "Creative Tuesday" 's prompt this week which is purple.....you can check out all sorts of amazing art pieces by heading over to Creative Tuesday.....

Wishing you inspiration and a creative week!!!!

oh and if you love food....and love to create fun food illustrations ....pop by our cool new book project titled...100 Illustrations - My Favorite Food.....it will highlight the work of 100 Illustrators and their favorite food(s)!!!!  You could have your work Published!!!!!

25 comments:

Heather said...

ohhhhh the fabric design is right up alley!!! Love those pops of purple! you are so very talented in an all around excellent way!! xo

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Heather!!!! your words made my day!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

I love your pretty purple flowers and loved seeing the process of your sketch workout. You are so talented

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Carolyn!!!! Wishing you a very Happy week also!!!!!!!!

martinealison said...

Les fleurs du paradis... qui dansent sous mes yeux...
Elles sont superbes et je comprends que tes petites coccinelles ou petites abeilles aient envie d'y aller butiner...
gros bisous,

Unknown said...

Merci Martin!!!!! You are so sweet!

Reflections said...

What a fabulous piece! Love the differences in the shades, really makes it pop. Nicely done.

Christine said...

wowee, now this is what I call purple!
Lovely pattern you created.

Daniella said...

YOU are amazing!! I love your doodle exercise! But how you use those doodles really amazes me! That is so awesome!!
xxDaniella

Wanda said...

Beautiful fabric design. Wouldn't that make a delightful long skirt!!!

Or a spring bedspread.... My you are toally creative, and the colors are so rich...love it!

Melisa said...

Love the fantasy flowers and the repeat design they make.

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh WoW!!!!
I like the process and the design!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and a perfect job. I have been trying to practice what I have heard referred to as Zentangle. What ever you call it I love it and even more so in purple.
QMM

linda (dots n doodles) said...

I just love this! The design and the colours are fantastic, and it translates so well into repeat patterns for fabric. Well done!

Unknown said...

Love this Diana, love the process..

Birdie said...

Oi! That's gorgeous. you should get those made into tiles for a backsplash or something. There's something very "Arts and Crafts" era about them, but they are modern too. Well done!

Betsy Brock said...

a perfect picture of a kaleidescope!

Morph Waffle said...

So pretty and purpley, lovin your pattern!

get zapped said...

You never cease to amaze or inspire me! Thank you for this lovely creative adventure :)

Michael said...

Oh my goodness, Diana, this is SO incredibly inspiring. I adore it. Very inspirational indeed, and yes, this coudl work as a backsplash too as just noted. Love it. Ty for exploring this/ your doodles above are brilliant too. So clean and crisp and professional looking. Great work.

Meryl said...

Wow. It's almost like looking into a kalleidoscope. beautiful

yoborobo said...

Hi Diana! Happy Late Mom's Day! :)) This is so interesting - a little peek into how you work and think. I love those purple flowers. I could spot them in a crowd as your work. :) xox Pam

Janine said...

Ahh wonderfull, I did some caleidoskope- pictures myselfe.
I love this very much.
Have a greatday
Janine

Christie describeHappy said...

Oh how cool! I really enjoyed seeing your creative process with your workout. It's a great way to loosen up and let the creativity flow... and I really like your results!! Have a great week!

Michaele Razi said...

Simply gorgeous! Love it!

 
Blogging tips