Tuesday, May 31, 2011

For us here in Canada .....it's all about the Cottage......

cottage art commission


I love everything about cottages...they are places we go to and they seem a world away from all the business of everyday life...When I write my picture books I usually spend one week at our cottage north to finish all the rough sketches for the book.....there is nothing there...no phones...except my blackberry...which I need for work....and no other distractions...I love that you can keep your windows open at night and the sweet scent of pines and clean air flow over you as you sleep.....not to mention that the best sleep you will every get will most likely be at the cottage....the bon fires, the food and treats...the water....that is what cottage life is all about....and I love it....This year I have a new book I wrote at my parents place by the beach....and will finish at my husbands place in the North on a lake....stay tuned to hear more about my latest picture book.....

and now for some work.....

A client of mine sent me this wonderful watercolour commission....this cottage will be owned by someone special and as a gift he has commissioned me to create this memento for them......

cottage art commission 1


Cottage art....what fun!!!

10 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

I think that both you client AND the lucky recipient are going to be extremely pleased with your rendition, Diane! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Netty said...

Beautiful work as ever Diana. Enjoy your week, Annette x

Reflections said...

What a beautiful watercolor translation... a fabulous gift for that someone special.

Nicola said...

What a beautiful cottage!!! I'd love to live there!!! And wonderful work on the commission I'm sure your client will be so happy! :0) thank you for your lovely comments on my latest piece Diana!!! Your encouragement means a lot to me :0)xox

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Terri!!!

Thank you so much Annette!!!

Thank you so much Reflections!!!

and thank you so much Nicola!!!

your visits always feed the soul!!!

Christine said...

Diana you did a wonderful job with that gorgeous cottage. They will love it!

martinealison said...

Ma chère Diana, c'est une très belle interprétation que ce joli chalet... Je pense que le propriétaire des lieux sera ravi et te permettra peut-être d'y venir passer un petit séjour pour t'y reposer et te ressourcer... Je t'envoie de gros bisous. Je rentre après une très belle semaine passée dans les Alpilles où j'aimerais bien y trouver mon nid...
A très bientôt.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

The cottage is wonderful and love the watercolour commission you have so beautifully done.
You must come back from the cottage so relaxed and love the thought of the scent of pines and windows open wide.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Heather said...

WOW! that's beautiful Diana! You really captured the cottage! have a great day! xo

Sandra Evertson said...

Too Fabulous! You captured that wonderful house perfectly!
Sandra Evertson

 
Blogging tips