Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Created some edible art....this was so good!!!!

lemon chicken 001

lemon chicken 003

lemon chicken 005

lemon chicken 006

lemon chicken 011

I love lemon piccata chicken and I love Greek style lemon chicken....so I decided to merge the two and create my own version of two dishes in one...and it was so so good!!!!

I took one chicken and butterflied it.....then spiced it up with salt, pepper and Greek Oregano. In my large Al Clad pan I browned my chicken on both sides....then added lemon zest and the juice of one whole lemon to the chicken....I also added the slices of lemon to the dish ....more Greek Oregano and placed the lid on it....and baked it in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes ....I had the oven at 375 for the first 45 minutes and then decreased the temperature to 350 for the remaining time....I also added my potatoes in another dish...these I tossed with some oil, lemon zest , salt, pepper and more Greek Oregano....and baked them in the oven with the chicken....

once the chicken was done...to rest it I placed it over the roasted potatoes...so some of the yummy juices would make the potatoes even happier while I took the juices from the chicken pan and removed the fat from the top and then simmered it down with some white wine and capers....and it was the sauce I used to serve the chicken and potatoes....

I then made two simple sides....a Greek Salad my way greens, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers....oil, vinegar , salt , pepper and Greek Oregano....and some kidney beans with oil, vinegar, salt and some sour cream....

This meal was a huge hit....I love these flavors....!!! I will use this for entertaining ....it was that good.....
Tip.....use a good white wine....one that you would like to serve with this meal....it makes a big difference....

So there you go...some food art from my kitchen today....

Thanks for popping by!!!!

Hugs
Diana

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very tempting!

Unknown said...

I was very happy with the way it turned out!!!! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

two words,, YUM YUM

Unknown said...

Thanks Laurie!!!! It was very yum! Yum!

martinealison said...

Ma très chère Diana, j'arrive!! attends-moi!!!...
Les odeurs me parviennent jusque-là!
En France, la manière dont ton poulet est découpé ne s'appelle pas en papillon, mais en crapaudine! C'est seulement la "bête" qui change!!!
A cette heure précoce de la matinée, j'en suis à ma tasse de thé, mais je ferais bien l'exception pour un si bon repas!
Gros bisous et bon appétit!

ps: Je suppose que vous aurez tout fini lorsque je vais arriver!!! lol

Christine said...

Food art, it really is, just looks sooo delicious!

ArtistUnplugged said...

Oh, yes, that is some of the very best works of art!!! Sounds delish, thanks for sharing the recipes!!!!

Snow White Archive said...

Looks delicious!

kumar said...

It is looking awesome . Hats off to your site and post . . I like this site very much . . So thank you very much.

Regards

Love quotes

Lisa Graves said...

omg Diana!!! That looks ridonkulous good!! WOW! I am so impressed!

 
Blogging tips