Thursday, June 2, 2011

These remind me of my childhood.....

May 24th  2011 104


May 24th  2011 106


When I was growing up we had all kinds of these flowers around....they looked so pretty ....and their foliage looks like fine lace....I finally planted over 100 of these in shades of pink and white all over ......they look so pretty....the pink ones fade from a bright pink to a soft pastel pink.....and the white ones ...I love them too!!! some nights I just go outside to see the white ones in the moonlight....and in a moment I am that little girl in my Mom's garden....amazing memories......I also love that my bees love these....they make me so Happy when they work in my gardens!!!

to learn more about Cosmos....you can head to Aggie Horticulture  and her to Wikepedia ......

I will add more photos as my gardens mature!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

Michaele Razi said...

Wonderful photos! My "garden" is just a weed explosion. So I'm going to live vicariously through yours ;)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

Your pink and white cosmos are pretty and must be lovely having some gorgeous colour in your garden.
Isn't it lovely seeing white plants in the moonlight.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

Gypsea Nurse said...

Diana~
Superb!
Love your photos!!
Have a fantastic week!
Smiles~
Cat

Lisa M Griffin said...

Colorful, beautiful,inspiring shots Diana. :)

Diane said...

These are so beautiful, Diana! I just finished planting a bunch of flowers...I love them!

Terri Kahrs said...

I, too, love Cosmos! They're so pretty and carefree -- and -- they're beautiful cut flowers too. I've got a pot of them growing on my deck, and today is so windy, they're doing a jig!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox

 
Blogging tips