Monday, June 20, 2011

Sangria.....made 5 bottles worth of this stuff at our party this weekend...it was so good!

Sangria


Diana's Sangria......

1 bottle good Spanish red wine.....I also like to make this with a nice Zinfandel....I love to use Beringer 2009 California White Zinfandel....yummy!!!
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 ripe nectarines pitted and sliced into wedges
1 lime sliced
1 orange sliced
1/2 cup red raspberries
1/2 cup slice fresh strawberries

Place everything in a pitcher and let stand over night....Once your guests arrive pour in carbonated juice or soda water and enjoy! I like to add carbonated real orange juice....like President's Choice 100% Sparkling Fruit Juice-Orange Tangerine it is made with real juice and has no refined sugars....to me adding sugar just doesn't seem right....just adding good quality fruit is perfect!!!

This is one of my favorite ways to drink wine al fresco!!!

Enjoy!!!

12 comments:

Heather said...

oooh, looks yummy! thanks for the recipe!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

Many thanks for sharing the recipe, this is such a great summertime drink.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

YUM! I was just thinking I need to find a sangria recipe. divine!

Allek said...

hermoso!!

Janine said...

Well,
I would say: "Grt the party started"
That wpould be a good sundowner for today, they longest day in the year.
Enjoy it
Janine

Silke Powers said...

Yum!! I love sangria and have tried many recipes. Will have to try yours as well. Last year, I discovered Mexian sangria and also white sangria. They all taste like summer to me... Happy Summer!! Love, Silke

martinealison said...

Hum!! Juste ce qu'il me faudrait en ce moment! je rentre tout juste de Lyon... Je viens de finir l'ajustement de mes toiles et demain ce sera le vernissage...
Que du travail!
Aussi je lâcherais bien tout et je viendrais bien me détendre un peu et discuter avec toi autour d'un (ou plusieurs) petits verres de sangria... merci pour la recette.
Je te fais de gros bisoussssssss

Christine said...

I've saved your recipe, thanks! It looks so good.

Toyin O. said...

Looks yummy, thanks for the recipe.

Mrs. T said...

Wow!!! That looks so good!

joanna said...

That looks so yummy Diana! cheers!!
xoxo

Diane said...

That sounds positively wonderful!
xo Diane

 
Blogging tips