Monday, November 22, 2010

More Spun Cotton work.....Meet Santa and The Dark Angel of Paris

November 19th 2010 016

November 19th 2010 019


November 19th 2010 023

November 19th 2010 032

November 19th 2010 030

I am having so much fun with this old art of Spun Cotton figures....these pieces are my latest creations....Santa bearing gifts and the Dark Angel of Paris....

I think they will look great propped on a glass ....or added to the Christmas tree with your ornaments.... Over 150 years ago in Germany cottage industries produced handmade ornaments spun from cotton. Each was unique. Later, the craft expanded to Occupied Japan and Russia. Today these ornaments are highly prized and collectible but little information is available about how they were made.

This is the way I think they were made...and I enjoy creating each piece.....

Happy Monday Everyone!!!! and thanks for popping by....I always love your visits here.....

12 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

These are so pretty Diana! Love the glitter too, they must be so fun to make!

Unknown said...

Thank you Darla...these are so much fun to work on!! I love each piece...Thanks for popping by!!!

Deborah said...

So much detail in these! Goodness! They do look like they come from another era. I love them. **blows kisses** Deb

Unknown said...

Thank you Deborah....I am glad they look so vintage....

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

These are so neat and mysterious looking! Wonderful. . . as always!

Terri Kahrs said...

These are sooooo beautiful, Diana! They'll make someone's Christmas very special! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

These are wonderful and love how you have replicated the 150 year old German handmade ornaments.
They will look so sweet on the Christmas tree.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

yoborobo said...

They are charming, Diana! :) Beautiful work - xox Pam

Unknown said...

Thanks Cynthia.....they look really mysterious.....

Thanks Terri....I really am enjoying this art with my take on it.....

Thanks Carolyn.....pretty neat that we can take a look back at early crafting.....

Thanks Pam....you're so sweet!!!!

You all make my day with your visits!!!

Have a wonderful day and night!!!!!!

Kristin said...

You never cease to amaze me! Your creativity is AmaZing and I LOVE your Santas (and those Reindeer below are sooo cute)! Wonderful - AND congrats on hitting 400 - that is so cool, xoox

Juan said...

Wonderful work Diana!! My daughter also loved it :)

Curious Art said...

I love antique/vintage ornaments & these really capture that spirit! Very fun & cool.

 
Blogging tips