Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday inspiration turned to Sunday Sketches ....turned to Mixed Media Monday.....

July 31st 2010 020 copy

These are my supplies.... my strawberries...my mini sketchbook and my trusty pencils and inks...

Flower inspiration + fruit inspiration =

July 31st 2010 022 copy


Some fun with colour and this and that...and My Sunday Sketches turned into this Mixed Media Monday  piece....The theme is "past loves" and I love seeing pictures of people with the bee hive hair dos so much fun and I have no idea how they did it!!! I have to get the old photos from my parents place....maybe I can show some in the future!!!

Queen Bee copy


I had so much fun this weekend!!! I attended the most wonderful Wedding and was inspired by family and friends. It was such a wonderful time and I congratulate my cousin Greg and his new wife Alanah!!!

I even got to take home these amazing flowers that were part of my inspiration for this Queen Bee I created....the second part is my Parisienne fruit bowl filled with these yummy strawberries...they wouldn't be here if it wasn't for some busy bees!!!
July 31st 2010 004 copy


July 31st 2010 015 copy


July 31st 2010 008 copy

I guess what I am trying to say...is inspiration is everywhere...you just have to keep your eyes open and enjoy every moment!!!

oh and speaking of wonderful new places to share your blog posts and your work...you have to come by and join me at the creative hive...if you have a blog you can import it automatically so more people see you and your work...not to mention the things you can learn from others....so pop by!!! just click on the hive link below and join up!!! it's fun fast and you will love it too!!!

Craft Community and Craft Shows

20 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

I love weddings, looking at wedding mags, etc. Hee :) They do tend to be beautiful.

Love your SS! I just adore those bees. BBZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Hugs

Nan said...

Beautiful piece! I really enjoyed seeing your creative process on this!

Rosie said...

Diana, you are so bouncy lately, it's a joy to visit and be enthused by what you blog!! I think the main ingredient of that hairdo is hairspray!!
Hugs, Rosie xx

Silke Powers said...

She is so pretty, Diana! How fun to see your sketch first! I have to say, I am amazed at your sketch - your lines are so certain - wonderful!! And that bowl with the strawberries ... I'd love a few of those right now!! Happy Monday! Love, Silke

DMG said...

That is, without a doubt, the cutest beehaive hairdo I've ever seen, and this may be my all-time favorite of your drawings, Diana. My Aunt Geraldine used to have a beehive, and I was terrified I would grow up and look just like her! Oh, I hope no one I'm related to reads this, but I HAD to tell you that.

Lori Saul said...

Love your beehive girl and her honeycomb earrings- always so creative and fun Diana! Have a great week!

Deborah said...

I love a good beehive hairdo! Reminds me of my childhood, but my mom was more like Laura Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke show, wearing her black capris. I must check out this HIVE thing! **kisskiss** Deb

Deborah said...

I love a good beehive hairdo! Reminds me of my childhood, but my mom was more like Laura Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke show, wearing her black capris. I must check out this HIVE thing! **kisskiss** Deb

Kristin said...

Hi friend! Congrats on being featured on MMM this week and here's to another beautiful, beautiful piece. This is one of my favorites - my Mom who was a hairdresser back in the day, once won a hair contest by doing a PINK beehive!
Your piece is wonderful and I really liked seeing it in journal form too. I will check out the networking group now, thank you! Kristin xo

WrightStuff said...

Just imagine the 'buzz' she gets from waking up to that hairstyle every day!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

very true, inspiration is everyone... we just need to keep our eyes open. lovely share, Diana!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are wonderful photos and a the bee lady looks fab.

joanna said...

Diana, I love this one a lot!! yellow is such a happy colour, and the beehive hair..fabulous!!
xoxo

Julia Christie said...

Love the sketch and the finished piece. Aren't these hairdos' fun?! I wonder how they held all that hair up there? I think there were a lot of switches (fake hair) used to coil up on top of their head.

Fun and so glad you are contributing to Sunday Sketches.

Smiles

Tammie Lee said...

your sketches are so clean and beautiful and then I love seeing how you transform them into the final piece. Your weekend sounds as though you had a grand time.

Unknown said...

the flowers and the strawberries are beautiful...i see why you were inspired...I love your art...it is fun and colorful!

Lenora said...

This is soooo much fun - we have had fun summer outing weekend and are super late - I will show the children tomorrow they will just love this! She is fabulous!

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Fun piece and such fun inspiration too!
Inka :)

Jenny said...

Lovely sketch Diana...love that beehive hair..and so true, inspiration is everywhere...

Jenny x

Diane said...

Love your Queen Bee, Diana! Diane

 
Blogging tips