Thursday, April 28, 2011

Major Storms here....a few shots of our Spring Blooms .... and you can meet our new friend.....Gary










 
We are having some scary storms here today....so I wanted to share some shots some of my plants outside before they are destroyed by the wind....and my indoor tulips....and we wanted you to meet our new friend....a snail we call Gary.....

Yesterday when we went to school in the morning there was a poor snail in a large puddle....Cole and I saved him at school and placed him in the grass....the bell rang and Cole asked me to take him home....so I did....I then logged on and looked up what snails eat.....and read they love apples....who knew...so I cut up an apple and the snail was in heaven....he ate and ate and then went into his shell and slept and slept....I was shocked at the cute bites out of the apple slice......

We slice fresh apple twice a day for him...and he is so cute...once the storms let up we will give him a new home in our backyard.....

Happy Thursday!!!!

3 comments:

josh pincus is crying said...

mmmmm.... escargot with apple garnish. delicious.

Christine said...

nice photos! snails eat apple? how interesting. we're blowing away here too, it was pretty vicious this morning.

Unknown said...

Oh Josh! So you! Lol.....did you know that you could die from eating raw snails?


Thanks Christine.....I was pretty scared with this storm.....I just heard it will get bad this afternoon! Hope we stay intact!!!!! My poor daffodils are ripped up from the wind....sad!

 
Blogging tips