Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A happy medium......I am finally happy with the outcome...

bee lieve 4

bee lieve 3

Love Birds 3

Love Birds 5

I finally found a happy medium with my latest wood and pyrography pieces...When I first started a series of these in 2009 I debated on whether or not I would paint the whole thing or leave it without paint....but I think a little bit of colour really makes these pop and leaving a lot of the wood exposed really helps to add focus to my detailed pyrography work.....so finally I am happy with the results....and I also have you to thank ....all of you that visited my burned bee post and decided that a bit of colour would be a good thing....Here is the initial bee if you missed it.....

The bee is all done...and the final piece is titled "BEE"lieve and it is now in my Etsy shop....

The second piece is titled "Love Birds" and is also for sale in my Etsy shop....

Now back to the Studio to work on more of these Happy Mediums!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

12 comments:

Netty said...

You really do some beautiful work Diana and love both of these. Annette x

Unknown said...

Thank you Annette!!! I am really enjoying this work....

soulbrush said...

Looks pretty good to me.

Silke Powers said...

These are too cute, Diana!! You know it reminds me of when I was a little girl and my mom helped me with making presents with pyrography... It was fun! Love, Silke

Draffin Bears said...

Both works are wonderful Diana and love the sweet bee and the birds.
Such pretty colours too.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

GlorV1 said...

Hi Diana. I love your work. Working with wood is a lot of fun. I make my Little Ladies of the Garden out of wood and have a great time doing so. In fact there are two I am working on right now. I love your Bee, such detail. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jocelyn!

Thank you Silke!

Thank you Carolyn!

Thank you Gloria....I have to see your latest pieces.....

Thanks for popping by everyone!!!!!

Michaele Razi said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous, Diana! Love them!

marianne said...

Yes a little bit of color makes these pieces more special!
They are so cute!!!

Have a nice day!
hugs from a sunny Holland♥

joanna said...

Both are beautiful Diana!! and I love that you added colour to them. it does bring out the wood.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

They are beautiful Diana!
Adore the expressions on the birds too, so cute!

Tammie Lee said...

these are sweet Diana. I agree with you a little color brings them to life. Really nice!

 
Blogging tips