Monday, May 4, 2009

Mixed Media Monday - "Inspirational Words"


Hi Everyone....This week's theme on MMM...is Inspirational Words....and I wanted to create something as inspired by one of my favorite words..."Dream".....
All my life I grew up believing that anything is possible if you truly believe...and my parents always taught me this....it was this phrase that made me Dream all the time as a child....I wanted to be so many things but mostly in my heart of hearts I wanted to create and be an artist....I always felt that art would be a way to leave a foot print in the world...that even when I am gone people and children will know that I was here....and that dream grew in my heart each and every day till I was lucky enough to finally take the leap of faith and follow my heart....
I think we all need to take chances in life ....always ones we are comfortable with...but let me tell you the day you take that leap of faith on something you always dreamed of......may be the day you get to live your DREAMS!!!
Hugs
Diana

31 comments:

Ozstuff said...

So beautiful! Diana, I enjoyed your story of dreams you had that did come true. Your picture is stunning and the two together (story and illustration) are perfect for this week's theme.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!!

Amy said...

Cool paper design's..Love those. I hope she has the Best Dreams!! Great artistic piece.

Sandy said...

OMG this is so beuatiful. Love this word. What a dream.

Nicola said...

Great word and I love the image. I also love the story behind it! Great work!!! I hope that one day I take that leap of faith too!!!

Femmy said...

it's so beautiful!!!

Yvonne said...

This is wonderful, Diana!

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous.

theothermousie said...

You are so right, beautiful picture & story. I seem to be always teetering on the edge of that great leap though!

Bet wishes to you x

mia said...

Lovely story and beautiful illustration!

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful piece, Diana - and I can see this one came from the heart! Dream is a wonderful, inspirational word, and I'm so happy for you that you are living yours! Diane

Astrid Maclean said...

This is gorgeous, love it!

My Creative House said...

Beautiful she is a dream, love your work.

soulbrush said...

what a beauty. dreams are wonderful, but generally i keep my feet realistically on the ground.

Willy said...

Really wonderful, Diana!

indybev said...

I enjoyed your story fully as much as your beautiful art entry this week, Diana. Thank you for sharing both with us!

Fannie said...

wonderful, diana!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

your art piece is not only beautiful to look at but very inspiring as well

Annette Q said...

What a lovely post- thanks for sharing your story. And this image is so so dreamy and serene. Love it:-)

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

loving the great texture collage!

mia said...

Once again, I am loving this!
I tagged you!xo

http://longengagementbride.blogspot.com/

Lori Saul said...

Your words are very true and your image is beautiful and hopeful- looks like a pleasant dream!

Unknown said...

Wonderful illustration and very inspirational word too! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic drawing/painting. Not only do you have an inspiring word, you also have an inspiring writeup on following your dreams.
Faye

Renee said...

Diana it was a gift to read this post. Thank you.

I am glad that your dreams have come true.

Love Renee xoxox

Connie said...

Awesome!!

Dot said...

that is just lovely... if i haven't said it lately, i really enjoy your work- It brightens my day!

Diane said...

This is magnificent! Love, love, love it!

Janny said...

Beautiful piece of work!

NANCY LEFKO said...

beautiful as always...I love how her hair becomes part of what she rests on....

Taluula said...

What can I say, other than this is simply stunning.

 
Blogging tips