Monday, May 18, 2009

Live from Wasaga Beach - The Show must go on...and my Mixed Media Monday piece .....

We are up at Wasaga Beach celebrating my Mom's birthday and the Victoria Day Long Weekend....when I decided to get an update on Cole and his wonderful showmanship....

I have two videos to show....one from when he was a wee little baby ...when he first found his love of music and another updated movie from today when he played for us.....

He is one of the funnest little guys in the world....and we are so blessed to have him in our lives....






I also have my latest wood canvas to show...it is my submission to Mixed Media Monday....the theme this week is...."Altered People" and this is my "Lady of justice" This is the first piece in this body of work that will be leaving to a new home....I will update the colour version of it once it is done this week.....

Thank you for popping by and I hope you're all having a wonderful Long Weekend!

Hugs
Diana


oh and I had to add the actual card I made with that design in my last post...Mom loves it!!!

21 comments:

K said...

lots of lovely art! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Diana your piece is GORGEOUS! Also the card you made - and it goes without saying that Cole is adorable! Diane

Yvonne said...

WOW, Diana, your altered person is brilliant!

theothermousie said...

Beautiful pictures as always. Mmmm the cake looks amazing - you have a very lucky MOM, hope she had a great weekend & birthday!
xxx

Femmy said...

beautiful art Diane!!

Andrew McKay said...

Hi Diana,

The sun is shining so have a great day up here at The Beach:)

Andrew

Renee said...

Diana there are so many things to see in this post:

Cole -- well he is beyond amazing and gorgeous and how he is hugging Grandma. A dreamboat.

Mom -- your Mom is beautiful.

Art -- Justice is amazing what an incredible job you did on her.

Love Renee xoxo

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Okay, D, I don't know why I 'm all teary and everything, but OMG!!! How sweet was this??? Oh my. This is such an awesome tribute to your mom. I'm sure she must have been blown away as well. Great card too. Thanks for sharing your joy with us! Happy Birthday to you mom!!!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh diana!
these two videos made my heart sing. cole is so special, just like you!
happy birthday to your mom! i love your new art and card!
you are not only an amazing mother, but daughter too!

soulbrush said...

say it again, your mom is so young looking..cute photos, yummy cake, great art. hugs to that special little love.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful interpretation for this theme- very elegant and mythical. Thanks for sharing your lovely family photos as well!

Edrian said...

So much work to see, and so much to celebrate. The card for your mom turned out gorgeous, and Cole is just adorable. Your artwork is amazing and inspiring as always.

Have a great week!
-E

Lynn Stevens said...

great wood burning, I do alot on my birds . its really relaxing!

Nan said...

Enjoyed seeing your art pieces, your tree lady is so amazing, plus always enjoy seeing what's been going on...have to say cakes and cookies are a plus! :)

Kris Dickinson said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Your artwork is special, as always and your mom must have been so pleased to have you. Wasaga Beach is such a great area...had family in Barrie and we used to go to Wasaga Beach.

marianne said...

Wonderful pieces of art and pictures!
Cole and your Mom look so nice together and the viseo's are priceless. Thanks for sharing all this fun with us!

Have a nice day!

Taluula said...

What a wonderfully original and stunning piece.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Great post and that cake looks divine!

Diane said...

I loved everything! The pics of Cole & your Mom are wonderful & that cake...OMG! A very nice birthday tribute.
Hugs, Diane

Ces Adorio said...

I missed this. I love Cole's baby recital! Oh Diana, you have a beautiful family. I like you very much. You are wonderful!

 
Blogging tips