Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Signs....

Hi Everyone...

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for the thoughtful comments and prayers and wishes for my Grandfather and our Family. The Day my Grandfather died, Saturday March 1st 2008, I saw so many things that day that made me think he was here with me...

During the funeral I had many visits from my family and friends and it was there that I shared so many stories about my Grandfather....there is one that inspired my illustration today and made me see the signs from my Grandfather on Saturday....
My Grandparents always gardened and grew all kinds of neat things....from fig trees to tomatoes...to peppers to grapes...They had a walkway to their backyard at one of their homes and they planted grape vines along this walk way. These vines grew and covered the walkway like you were under a tunnel. One season my Grandfather was so thrilled with the amount of grapes....he called us over....they were amazing and we could hardly wait to eat them....once they ripened we would all eat and enjoy Grandpa's harvest....then one night a raccoon came and ate all the grapes...probably called all his friends to help feast on the grapes...and my Grandfather was so angry....but we laughed and laughed together as we shared this story....and all I remember seeing is the bare grape vines...

On Saturday, when he passed away I saw a sign he was right there with us...a lonely raccoon walked ever so slowly in our backyard....I am so happy to see all these signs that your here Dearest Grandfather....I will think of you each and everyday....

Diana

20 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

What a wonderful post...such a tribute to a wonderful man!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Teri said...

I think he wanted you to have that memory and enjoy it. I have had a similiar experience and it helped me through many a day. Your precious memories will be with you always and he will always be watching over you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words Kari and Kijsa....I have so many wonderful memories...and they bring me warmth...

Unknown said...

Thanks Teri....so true...it is amazing how many signs we get each and everyday....once we become more aware...we can see them....

THanks for the kind words...

soulbrush said...

there will be many more signs, bless you and be strong now.

Unknown said...

Thanks Forever Young...I feel like I am on the constant look out these days and the memories make my days easier...

Diana

Kelly said...

Diana,
What a wonderful and lovely tribute. I love this post and it brought tears to my eyes. My thoughts are with you, Diana.

NANCY LEFKO said...

and you will ALWAYS be surrounded by him.....and his love will never leave you.

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelly and thank you Nancy...your wonderful words make me feel better....

Diana

Candace Trew Camling said...

cute little raccoon I love seeing you do other stuff besides the food...even though I love that too!
I quit winter for this year too. Although, I do still sport the coat, scarf and gloves...it's SO Cold!

Aspa said...

Hi Diana, I am very sorry about your grandfather. I lost a very dear friend of mine that week too.
The memories of our loved ones are always staying with us and I am sure that your grandfather will be sending you more signs.
Be strong and take care.

Unknown said...

Thanks Candace ....Even though my blog highlights the "Yummy Sketch of the Day" for now I will only take requests....

Thanks Aspa....sorry to hear about your loss last week...may you find comfort in your memories ...

I appreciate all the kind words and support...thank you dearly...

Diana

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely post...a wonderful tribute...just be strong & have a nice time!

Anonymous said...

diana you have ot call or come over because we have to do the heart

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Diana, My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. I was so moved by the story of the grapes and the raccoon and so grateful that you felt comforted by seeing the lone raccoon. Your artwork is such a lovely tribute to this wonderful man. Artwork is so therapeutic in so many ways. Hugs to you.

Archie and Melissa said...

Thank you Diana for your wonderful story and your strength and grace.
Your story brought tears to my eyes too. It was very life affirming and so true.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll never look at racoons the same way again. : )

Beautiful post!

God Bless!
D

Lynn Cohen said...

My heartfelt condolences for the passing of your grandfather. Wonderful memories you have to keep him close to your heart for the rest of your life.

Anonymous said...

diana we really have to do the hearts today. and i mean it and very nice story and the grapes so remmeber we ahve to do the heatrs today !!
love you,
sabrina

Anonymous said...

my condolences. you are so lucky to have so many wonderful memories

 
Blogging tips