Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My new Muse and some great books I just received....




I have 9 paintings on the go right now and took some time out yesterday and this morning to work on a fun little project....I created my second "muse" ....I made my first Rag Doll...and it was way too much fun...I call her "Retro Raggedy Anne" and she is in my studio now with my first Raggedy Anne Doll that I received when I was five..(many moons ago) I kept her all these years and now she finally has a big sister....I handpainted all the details and will definately be making more cute dolls....
if you click on the photo you can see the Illustration inspired by my first raggedy anne doll....








I also received 2 books in the mail...what fun...the Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market...a must read for any one in the Children's Market.....


and of course something to do with cupcakes...this book is so cute...and the number of savory and sweet cupcakes blows my mind....There is a recipe for tomatoe basil cakes....with a savory frosting and a cherry on top...so cute and I love basil and tomatoes......


Hope you have a great start to the week....


Cheers,

Diana

16 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

good stuff!!!

Unknown said...

thanks Candace...

Anonymous said...

so cute

Anonymous said...

you forgot to add a sketch of some green beer.lol happy st.p day to you too

Anonymous said...

what a great doll and that cupcake book looks so good

Teri said...

500 cupcakes! this book was written for you!

Happy St. Paddy's to you.

Unknown said...

thanks for the comments everyone...

and Teri...I laughed with yours...hehehe...you know I love my cupcakes..

Cheers,
Diana

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
OMG! Your raggedy ann doll is amazing! Wow - I love her!
Melissa

soulbrush said...

how many paintings? if you ever get bored, you could go into business just making raggedy dolls, she's too cute.

danetteb said...

The doll is adorable. I like the insptiration too :)

Hugs, danette

lee said...

hey very cute, and the painting as usual great. I saw that cupcake book and thought about a friend of mine who makes cupcakes to raise money for cancer. I am going to go back and buy her that book

Honor said...

Hey Diana, that doll looks wonderful! Well done. I can't wait to see all those yummy sketches that cupcake book is going to inspire!

Little Lovables said...

Oh, I would love that cupcake book!

Anonymous said...

ooh faboo!!! i will need to get that "500 cupcakes!!"

a : )

Anonymous said...

I have the 500 Cupcakes book. My sister bought it for me. I like the creativity of the cupcakes, but I don't like the batter that is used. Too buttery for my taste. Hope you enjoy the book!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

It's so funny that you mentioned the tomato basil muffins. I've made them before, and maybe I did something wrong (I like th give the benefit of the doubt) but they didn't taste good at all :(

It's a shame because I love tomato & basil too!

 
Blogging tips