Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Fun - My new Cupcake Pins...



Hi Everyone...

Just had to post about the fun project I worked on today....I always wanted to start making some fun stuff using polymer clay...and today was the day.....I took out my clay and ended up making one of my favorite things....cupcakes...

I made some black forest cupcakes, some strawberry cupcakes and some pink butter cream cupcakes with bead sprinkles....

I baked them and then sealed them and added a pin on the backs...I felt like a kid again ...remember the days when we used to use play doh...what fun ..I love the adult clay that bakes and is a permanent sweet treat....I just added these to my Etsy Shop....


I do have some more artwork...but you will have to pop by tomorrow for that....

I also received an e-mail from Fannie this morning with all kinds of great cupcake links....

my favorite is this link to a special 2500.00 dollar cupcake purse....

you have to pop by her wonderful blog and check out her amazing artwork....

Cheers,
Diana

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

these pins are fun. and that purse is too cute

Unknown said...

yeah what a great purse...but 2500 is outrageous...

but if I happen to get it as a gift from a really wealthy fan I would be thrilled...hehehehe

Cheers,
Diana

NANCY LEFKO said...

the pins are FABULOUS....and thanks for the sweet comment...it is so nice to have met you also.

Unknown said...

your welcome Nancy!!! you're a wonderful friend...

Cheers,
Diana

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
Your cupcakes are wonderful! You are a sculptor too! It is not easy working in 3d. i love your new pins! i wish i could have spent the day with you. i bet all of my creations would have come out looking like pugs.:)
I know emmitt would love your cupcakes. he begs everyday for a bacon cookie. :)
i cannot wait to see your art tomorrow!

Candace Trew Camling said...

I adore the card! I love getting mail! Also, Cole is pretty much the cutest thing EVER!!! I love him and his chocolate bunnies!

Unknown said...

Thanks Melissa...so glad you popped by to check them out! and so happy Emmitt loves his treats...

Hi Candace...so happy you got your card...and thanks for popping in to say hello!!!

Cheers,
Diana

Anonymous said...

nice cupcakes Diana
is it legal to say that. lol

Fannie said...

Absolutely yummy cupcakes!!!! You've inspired me to create cupcake art. Hmmmm . . . let's see.

Can't wait to see your art tomorrow.

Mark is funny.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha,....too funny Mark!

and thanks for popping by Fannie....glad you got a laugh from Mark...he is always funny...

Cheers,
Diana

studio lolo said...

There's such a cupcake craze sweeping the nation!! No wonder...they're cute and yummy. The pins are too!

soulbrush said...

ha ha i'll have three of those purses please :-)

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Diana, these cupcake pins are adorable! How did you get the shine on them? I've heard of several different methods, including future floor wax. What did you use?

Kathleen Rietz said...

These are SO CUUUUUUUTE!!! I love them! I will have to head over to the shop now...

Unknown said...

Aewsome cupcake pins! I want one!! You never surprise me ... always thinking of doing something creative!!!!

Unknown said...

Oops .. I meant to write "awesome" ... and I can't correct my comment!!

 
Blogging tips