Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fun Weekend Post....Blog Friends and Easter Fun from last week...

Hi Everyone...

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend....I just received this wonderful package in the mail from Danette....We met on-line through blogging....she has a wonderful blog where she features books and author interviews...click on her name or the photo to head over an check out her blog....
She had a give away and this is what I received...it was like Christmas in March...

She sent me some wonderful books to read...and a special children's book based in Hawaii...oh by the way Danette lives in Hawaii...(she is so lucky)...she also sent me some wonderful postcards, bookmarks and a photo she took...the photo was amazing...and there is a hidden sign in it for me ....Most recently I have been contacted to work on a book that will be based on a sea turtle...I was thrilled when I looked at the photo Danette sent me....like a sign ...these animals are such wonders......I read the children's book"Mongoose, Mongoose, Stop! don't run" and absolutely love it and the colourful illustrations in that book...nice touch with the Hawaiian glossary at the end...It has a lovely rhyme to it...

Thanks for the great package Danette...

and I am a bit behind with these but wanted to share a few shots of our Easter eggs from last week....

the egg on the bottom center is the one Cole painted!!! my little artist...

Have a wonderful weekend....

Cheers,
Diana

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice surprise to get all that in the mail. love the sea turtle photo and the cute eater photos.

Anonymous said...

I meant Easter

Anonymous said...

great way to start the day Diana. That children's book looks like fun

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
Please tell Cole that I love his Easter Egg! Great pictures and that goody box you received! How fun! Please tell me more about the children's book you are working on. I am really excited for you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

congrats on the package of treats. have a great weekend Diana

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone...I truly appreciate your visits and comments...

I was very happy to get this package of treats....

Cheers,
Diana

soulbrush said...

you deserve to get this parcel, as you are always giving yourself. your cole is a little sweetie.

Fannie said...

I see you experienced the "Aloha" spirit. You have a lot of goodies. You're like a magnet for goodness. ;-D

I like Cole's masterpiece. Years from now, it will be fun for the both of you to look back at this image.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow, Diana! What a wonderful prize package you won! :) That children's book and all those goodies look like a lot of fun!

I am glad you posted the Easter pics. Cole is such a handsome little guy. Bet he loved his giant chocolate bunny! What a great Easter egg he painted. You are a good mom for taking all these pictures and saving stuff for him.

Love your blog. I always feel happy when I visit.

Vhrsti said...

This is one of the sweetest blog in the world ;-)
Love your artworks here!

Unknown said...

thanks for all the "sweeeeeeeeeet" comments everyone...I really enjoy your visits...

Cheers,
Diana

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

love all the goodies!

 
Blogging tips