Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Addiction Part II - can't get enough of the rough watercolour paper and ink...

Hi Everyone....

I am so proud of myself...I spent most of the morning cleaning and organizing our laundry room...I packed up all the coats and things we don't use to be shipped out...I am getting into the Spring Cleaning mode and love clearing out everything....feels so liberating...

I also managed to finish my second watercolour painting in my "Sweet Ladies" series...

She is so sweet...she is titled "Cupcake Dancer"

I added my black and white ink sketch, my digital work and my watercolour ....

Hope you enjoy her...she will also be joining my prints in my Etsy shop...

Well tomorrow I hope we get a cool theme for IF because I think I want to work on this rough paper and do an ink, a digital and a watercolour...

Cheers,
Diana










16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think she is my favorite so far. love the arms

Unknown said...

me too Alicia...I love her...more to come...

Cheers,
Diana

Gina lee said...

You are so talented! Keep it Up!

Tony LaRocca said...

(In my best Tina Turner voice) "She's a cupcake dance, a dancer for cupcakes..." :D

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
WoW! You had a productive day! I love your new painting. The watercolor version is so radiant. and you got to do my 2 other favorite things, cleaning and organizing. I wish we lived closer. We would have so much fun together!
I'll check in again with you tonight after our show.
:) Melissa

Honor said...

Hi Diana,

These are looking wonderful! The hair is amazing... I think I like the 'real' watercolour the best. Somehow the colours are more rich?

Looking forward to more!

Heather Robinson said...

I can just picture her swaying oh so gently to the music careful not to topple the cupcakes balanced on her hands. What a waste of icing that would be! There is such joy to your work, Diana!

Fannie said...

Diana, nice new work, "and" housecleaning too? Whoa!

She's pretty with her long hair. I've seen dancers hold lighted candles in a coconut in their palms while dancing and doing tricks with the same pose as your Sweet Lady. "Sweet" memories.

I'm sure you'll be able to adapt your sweet ladies to tomorrow's IF theme somehow.

Ces Adorio said...

Yes, she's a cupcake! :-)

Cakespy said...

Cupcake girl in cheesecake poses! :-) I like it!

Anonymous said...

love the second print in this series. great work and I can't wait to see what you do tomorrow

Unknown said...

thanks for all the wonderful comments...I so enjoy hearing from you and love when you pop by for some treats...

Hugsssssssssss
Diana

Unknown said...

Fannie...that dancing sounds pretty neat...with the coconuts ...I can imagine it in my mind...

thanks for sharing that...

Cheers,
Diana

Anonymous said...

her hair is my fav. even the detail with that cute cupcake pin is neat

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana

You are really doing a nice job
Keep it up the good work.

Good Luck

Kathy
tivamo.com

Diane Duda said...

She's lovely! I love the little cupcake in her hair. :)

xo
Di

 
Blogging tips