Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Have you ever made a block print?


Hi Everyone....I have created all sorts of things....including art stamps....but never ever made art prints using blocks...so the other day when I was out and about I picked up this kit to make my first ever block print....the only thing is I am stumped as to what I want to create...so I am hoping that it will come to me....wish me luck!!!

In the mean time...I share with you one of my favorite flowers....the Zinnia...I grow these in our vegetable garden for cut flowers....to the left is the single bloom and below I have a surface design I started.....

Happy Creating!!!!

Hugs
Diana



5 comments:

Robin Panzer Art said...

Happy Wednesday Diana!

martinealison said...

Tu m'éblouis aujourd'hui avec ce champ de fleurs!!!... Fantastique!
Gros bisous et mille mercis...

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Yes, I have done them before---a LONG time ago but enjoyed cutting the block and learning to work carefully! (both with the medium and fingers...LOL!)
With the computer it is so easy to flip a design for a good copy to mark with....much easier than when I held everything up to the window and hoped for the best!
Have fun!

XXOO~~
Anne

ArtistUnplugged said...

Wow, love the zinnias, love, love LOVE cupcake doll and stickers and those French Macarons look delish and art on their on!!!!!! I have never done a print with a block, only linoleum...good luck!

Lilac & Lavender said...

Your zinnias are beautiful ~ mesmerizing :) You chose the perfect colors for them also ~ my dad has always grown them in his garden & the red/oranges are my favorite :)

 
Blogging tips