Thursday, August 26, 2010

The cat watercolour painting.....a custom commission for a special client...finished at paint night at the cottage!!!

paintings August 18th 2010 010 cat commission


You all know I love to work in various mediums....but I have to say that working on these custom commissions really is fun....I enjoy seeing what people want me to work on and I love creating something special that they will be able to keep in their families for years to come....

This is a special feline names "Lucky" a custom commission.....

I finished this project on a week away at our family cottage....we love to work on art projects. This past week away....I held a paint night with my whole family...it was so much fun to see that sparkle in my Dad's eye as he painted....and My Mom's smile as she watched and tried her own hand at some fun art.....and my niece loves to paint too...and you all know that Cole always paints and really enjoys it even more when we all paint together....

Cole enjoying the family paint fest!!!
August 20th 2010 038 copy

My Dad working on his painting...
August 20th 2010 026 copy

My Mom working on her paintings
August 20th 2010 028 copy

we also did some food crafts....and what could be better than some chocolate mint cupcakes!!!
August 20th 2010 057 copy

and the table view....what a fun night!!! I love our traditions!!!

August 20th 2010 048 copy

My Dad's finished pieces....gorgeous!!! Cole wants these in frames....so we can enjoy them for years to come.....

August 20th 2010 033 copy

August 20th 2010 043

Nothing better than days at the beach and nights painting with your family!!!

August 20th 2010 015 copy

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Diana, I love the cat, but I must say, Cole remains your best work!!! What a lovely family. **sigh** Deb

Unknown said...

Dearest Deborah!!! I have to agree totally!!!! you are so sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Fantastic fun!!! And what fun night could be complete without cupcakes!? Hugs, Terri xoxo

Dolores said...

Love the cat and what a beautiful and talented family Cole comes from.

Unknown said...

Thank you Terri and Dolores!!!!Your visits always make our day!!!

Julia Christie said...

Diana - what a wonderful family you have and this is a great tradition. We do something like this at holiday time - it's so much fun to see what each person comes up with!

Love your dad's finished piece - you can see where you get your talent from.

The kitty is perfect. very playful

Smiles

Unknown said...

family paint night looks like fun! Love the expression on the cats face, well done!

Christina Rodriguez said...

That's so sweet that you got your whole family painting. I've never once been able to do that!

marianne said...

I see where you have your talent from:)

Such a lovely day together!!!!

 
Blogging tips