Saturday, March 13, 2010

A custom commission for a Special Bride to be....and how cool that she has the same name as me!!!



I recently was hired to work on a custom illustration that would ultimately become a very special shower invitation for a special bride to be....


Her shower is all about candy...they plan on having the coolest candy displays and sweets that will make for some really amazing fun!!!

I guess everyone at the shower will be like a kid in a candy store....

The final design was turned into 80 special handmade invitations. I love working with wonderful clients....

Today I finished all the hand embellished sparkle and they are ready to head to the wonderful client!

This was a really fun project !!!

I hope the Bride has the "sweetest" day ever!!!




blog-invitesamples

13 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

These invitations are spectacular and so very special. The bride-to-be will adore them, and so will the recipients! Fabulous work, Diana! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Deborah said...

EIGHTY!?!?! 80? You are really something amazing. Would you breathe in a bottle and send it to me, please and thank you! I just need a whiff of your energy and talent. **kisskiss** Deb

Diane said...

These are really wonderful, Diana. I am sure the bride to be will be ever so pleased with your creation. Beautiful work!
Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

thank you Terri!!! Deborah and Diane!!!

It was a lot of fun to work on these!!!

Hugs
Diana

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

OMG.....I'm hurting thinking about doing 80 of anything, and then having them turn out FABULOUS!
And I loved your previous post that had KD Langs Youtube of "Hallelujah"....that was the most soul moving version of that song...wow.....

XXOO!!
Anne

Terri said...

Wow! These are amazing! The sparkly really makes them gorgeous!
I wish I could go to that shower!

Lisa Graves said...

Diana! These are outstanding!!!!! I'm in love with this illo. Bravo!!!

yoborobo said...

These are beautiful, Diana! I see you on so many blogs, so I am stopping by to introduce myself. :) That bride is gonna be thrilled! Pam

Ces Adorio said...

You are amazing, absolutely amazing. How special is that! Beautiful!

Eugen Caitaz said...

Very beautiful Artwork! maybe in one day, I will invite you to my wedding! :)

marianne said...

Great invitations! Part of all the fun already. Nice thing to keep also

Great job Diana!

Nicola said...

Wow Diana these are fantastic! so much work!!! Do you print all these yourself or do you go to a printers? I've been asked to print some cards of my Geisha painting and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.....

Bella Sinclair said...

Diana! These are spectacular! Forget the jars of real candy. These are every bit as happy. Congratulations on a fantastic job well done.

 
Blogging tips