Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Eating Healthy in 2013...My Curried Lentil Recipe....



Hi Everyone....

In light of my focus to eat better in 2013....I am looking for easy ways to add good things to our meals...so today I thought up this new recipe for curried red lentils.....super simple and so good as a side or you can add more liquid and make it a soup....I just had some for lunch and I love it.....

Did you know?

!/4 cup of lentils has a whopping 15 grams of fiber....yeah!!! 15 grams...so eating a half a cup of these gives you a full days fiber....in a delish treat.....I think I will also be using these in some desserts to up the fiber content.....

Here is the recipe card for you all....just click on the recipe card... and then you can right click and save image....and enjoy it in your collection....

I am going to serve these as a side dish with some grilled salmon tonight!

Tip of the day.....when making chicken stock to freeze for recipes....omit extra salt... so your recipes won't be over seasoned.....

Happy Tuesday Everyone and Happy Creating!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks soooo good. we are going to definetly try that here at my house. Thank you for sharing!
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Anonymous said...

I just bought a bag of red lentils last week, now I have the perfect recipe, thank you!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Have a bag of red lentils just waiting for a yummy way to be cooked up!
Thanks for posting this.

XXOO~~
Anne

marianne said...

This sounds and looks yummy!
Will try this this week. I have been doing a cleanse and am starting to eat again......this will be perfect later this week
Thanks and good luck with eating healthy.....
♥M

 
Blogging tips