Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garden and Butterflies oh my....do you garden?

in the garden 2

Hi Everyone...I am so happy when I am in my gardens....I love to grow things that look beautiful, have a purpose and things that we can eat....I think the best feeling is just heading outside and working in the garden...so much to see and so inspiring....

I have several gardens....flower ones....annuals, perennials, and a vegetable garden...This year I am growing the following in my vegetable garden....Vintage purple tomatoes, grape tomatoes, yellow sweet tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, garlic planted on Thanksgiving day last year, herbs....like lavender, Tarragon, Lemon Thyme, Dill, Cilantro, Rosemary, strawberries and broccoli.....and some flowers around the border of my vegetable garden.....I will take some photos and show you the growth this summer.....

Today I snapped these cool shots of my cosmos...so I had to share them....I also did an illustration of a butterfly for all of you...Wishing you a wonderful day filled with warm weather and lots to see and enjoy.....

June 15th 2011 020

June 15th 2011 019

June 15th 2011 021

June 15th 2011 012


Happy Wednesday!!!

Hugs
Diana

9 comments:

Heather said...

hi
i love your boxwoods gardens, too i followed your link - they are beautiful!!!
i want that in my yard.
love this illustration, too! ( i have foxglove, too)
have a great day!

Unknown said...

Thanks Heather....I love all kinds of plants....Have a wonderful day!!!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I LOVE the little vests on the butterflies! :) I used to garden but with all of my life changes I no longer live where I can plant/grow. Sigh. So I'll just enjoy photos of yours. :)

Toyin O. said...

The plants look great, thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

just beautiful cosmos flower photos you took, thanks for sharing the delight.

Tammie Lee said...

such a gorgeous post... flowers and art. lovely.

Janine said...

I love love love foxgloves. Even the name is delightfull, and I love your foxgloves and this cute butterflies to.

Reflections said...

Running kind of late this year on the vegetable garden... just finished building a rather large raised bed (expanding from our potted adventures), but with the local critters it also needed a fence and gate for us to be able to get into it. Looking forward to planting this next week (but will have to cheat and pick up some with a little growth already). My roomate does have some peppers and cucumbers inside growing from seed that are ready for the transplant.

The butterflies are beautiful!

aMorita-Sa said...

Hi Diane...I also love to garden! Growing this year okra, roma tomatoes, basil, cilantro, cucumbers, and a vast watermelon patch. You flower photographs are exquisite.

 
Blogging tips