Saturday, May 17, 2008

Getting Ready for our Final Good-byes....Day 18 of 21 Day Creative Exercise...


Hi Everyone...
thank you so much for all your kindness ....you have all touched our hearts with your messages and special thoughts....
We are busy getting ready for our final Good byes and today I made a special heart for Grandpa from Cole...this heart will sit in his casket. I drew the big butterfly and watercoloured it....the 2 little butterflies...at first I only added one...my thoughts were that the big one is Dad and the small one is Cole...but in case we have more children I had to add another one...the photo is of Cole and his Grandpa ( I decoupaged it to the wooden heart).......Dad sure loved seeing Cole and playing with him....we will miss him dearly and always talk about him and his special presence now....our son is lucky to have 2 special Guardian Angels looking out for him....
Again thank you from our hearts and I will be back once things settle down...
HUGS
Diana

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

bless you. this is such a lovely gesture.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen anything like it. what a wonderful heart filled with love.

Unknown said...

thanks Lisa and Alicia....I made it with love for my wonderful Father-in-Law....he sure made everything wonderful...we love him dearly.....

marianne said...

How beautiful to be able to use your creativity to express your love for your father in law.
beautiful heart to accompany him on his last journey.

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a lovely creation that you have made, so thoughtful and touching. Saying goodbye is never easy, but hopefully the wonderful memories you have of him with your son and family, will help get you through this.

Archie and Melissa said...

diana,
your heart is absolutely beautiful. what a wonderful tribute.
you are a very special person.
all my love
melissa

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Hugs..........

Fannie said...

Diana, (((hugs)))!!!!
Beautiful wreath! Blessings to you and your family.
You're special! Sending love....

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a lovely tribute to a special Grandpa. My thoughts are with you.

Candace Trew Camling said...

you take sadness and make it something beautiful. Your wreath is wonderful, and your handling of this time is so graceful.

Heather Robinson said...

Diana, My heart goes out to you and your family. What a very lovely tribute you have created for him. Hugs to you, my friend.
Heather

soulbrush said...

how wonderful that you could've loved your fil so very much, blessings and love are speeding their way over to you and yours right now.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Okay, so now you've got me crying. That is so beautiful Diana. I wish I coud give you all a hug. Your father-in-law knows he is loved.

lee said...

So sorry for your loss of a father in law and a grandpa. The gift you made is beautiful..my thoughts are with you on this day of all days.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diana!
i am just popping in to tell you i am thinking of you and your family.
love
melissa

Candace Trew Camling said...

hope you are doing well sweetie!

Crissi Harvey said...

what an wonderful tribute to your fIl Diana

(((HUGS))) to you and your family

crissi xx

Anonymous said...

very thoughtful gesture

Unknown said...

thanks everyone...your friendship and kindness have helped me greatly....

hugs
Diana

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Prayers for you and your family. I am sorry to hear of your loss, Diana.

 
Blogging tips