Hope you all had some amazing celebration during Christmas Vacation with your Families and Friends....We had the greatest time this Season celebrating and laughing and eating and more eating....Christmas Eve our munchkin wanted me to bake a Birthday Cake for Jesus and he said he would like a snowman....so here is the cake I made for this Joyous Celebration.....Here is a basic Vanilla Cake Recipe you can use for your next cake! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 8-by-2-inch cake pans plus one snowman dimensional pan for the top of the cake tapping out excess flour. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk and sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined.
- Divide batter between pans; smooth tops. Do not over fill the snowman cake form...I only added batter to about 2/3 full....Bake until cakes pull away from sides of pans, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pans 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of pans and invert cakes onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
I am making a whole bunch of Turkey Pies today....so stay tuned for a super easy way to use up all those leftovers!!!
Sharing this with everyone for PPF this week....I hope that Painting with Icing counts!!!! lol and in case it doesn't here is a snowman piece too!!!
Happy PPF and Happy Creating Everyone!!!!