Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Ignatius - and your cake is my IF submission this week!!! theme Music

Hi Everyone....I am so excited!! today is my brother's 40th Birthday!!! He is one of the most wonderful people you could meet....he is very intelligent and would help out everyone ....I learned so much from him growing up....he was always the angel and I was the ....you know what...lol....He is very successful and one of the happiest people I know...He has the sweetest wife in the world...my wonderful sister-in-law Monika....and I am so happy that his life is so full of love......I created this cake illustration for him...it has 40 layers of cake and icing...each representing a sweet year in his life....and now for some fun photos of him!!!!
Ignatius is a world traveler...he has been everywhere and is still on the go to many wonderful and exotic places.....
He loves to come up to our cottage so he can enjoy water sports...he is a great water-skier!!! Here he is with Minnie our dog!!
Brad and I have been sledding for years and we introduced this new sport to my brother...well now he has been going for years and he is the one asking us to go....I love that he is willing to try just about everything....he loves his toys!!!
And this photo I had to add...it was our first trip to Disney world....That is my brother between Mickey and Minnie and I am standing away ....I guess even I was shy ages ago!!!
Anyway....I am submitting my cake to IF this week....the theme is music ....and my brother has always been able to play any instrument by ear....and he always blew me away with his skills as a musician....heck he blows me aways with everything he does....he is AMAZING and we love him with all our hearts!!!
and the cake is my submission....because what is a Birthday cake without a good Happy Birthday song!!! and Birthday cake...especially a 40 layer one is MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!
Happy 40th Birthday !!!!
Hugs
Diana

24 comments:

Diane said...

Wishing your brother a very happy birthday! What a fabulous sister you are. I can tell how much you love him. I love all the pictures! Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo Diane

Manon said...

Love your cake for your brother!! Ignatius is a great name!! Is he pleased that you've posted a shirtless pic of him? LOL!! He sounds like a wonderful guy!

Deborah said...

Now that is my kind of cake! OOoo after seeing his near-naked photo, it's no wonder he has an amazing wife!!! Happy Birthday Ignatius!
♥ ♥ ♥ Deb

Unknown said...

thank you for sending Birthday wishes to my wonderful Brother!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Nicola said...

What a lovely birthday cake I'm sure he loved it! Happy Birthday to your brother, it's lovely to hear a nice story about a happy family!! Hope he has a great day. Oh and I loved the photo of you as kids very cute!!! :0)

Marie S said...

Happy Birthday Ignatius!
May you get all you could ever want and more than you can even imagine.

Debra Keirce said...

Diana...Happy birthday to your brother Is he really your bro? Diana is a common name, but Ignatius - well, if you made him up, he sounds like a fun fantasy brother! If you didn't, enjoy the cake! I'll take a piece - my bday is next week!

Unknown said...

He sure is a wonderful brother!!! thanks for the wishes...and I wish you a wonderful Birthday too!!!

Amy said...

awww, you are such a SWEET sister!!!!

Happy Birthday to your bro..he looks FAB!!!!!

The chocolate cake looks delish' Diana

Unknown said...

thank you Amy!!! I will send you a virtual slice!!! 40 layers of yumm!!!!

Nicola said...

Hi Diana, thanks for your visit!!! I have been getting my supplies from a supplier on etsy called 'Gamiandglass', I have found this supplier to be very prompt and reliable!!! :0)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Happy Birthday to your brother!! I love that "ice castle" he's in. hee :)

Hope you have a good weekend.

INDIGENE said...

Wow! You're an amazing sister, I hope he realizes how much he's loved! Great tribute!

Ces Adorio said...

I love that name Ignatius (Saint Ignatius Loyola). Happy Birthday to your brother! Okay. So is your brother married?

Aw crap! I just read Deborah's comment about Ignatius's wife. Well, someone's happy!

Hmn...Now where's my Viking?

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

HE'S DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! OMG How handsome!!! Now you will have all the single ladies, and maybe even some married ones coming over to your blog now he he he!!! Your are so sweet to do this illustration for him. It's wonderful!!

Unknown said...

thank you everyone!!! he was always a very popular guy!!!

Dot said...

aw, how sweet! and the cake is lovely... Happy Birthday to your bro!

marianne said...

Hope he had a wonderful day!
Beautiful post you have made for him!

Have a nice weekend!

Janine said...

What a sweet nd yummy cake for your handsome brother.
Happy birthday Ignatius.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diana,

Wishing your brother a very Happy 40th birthday!
Love the cake and photos, especially of you both when small. You are lucky to have such a wonderful, and caring brother.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday to your fab brother! And what a wonderful sister you are! Lovely, lovely chocolate cake!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I saw his half naked pic of him you posted of flickr and I was like whoh! Who is this guy!?!?! hehehe. Happy Birthday to him...love the cake :-)

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Wow. . . your brother is a hottie! And an all around Renaissance man, and a sweetie pie??? Don't tell my husband that I said that. ;-)

On another note, after seeing a kid picture of you, I see that Cole really favors you! You are an angel as well, my dear and quite the Renaissance girl yourself.

Happy Birthday Ignatius!

C. JoyBell C. said...

wow. he's hot. :)

 
Blogging tips