Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taking a drawing and turning it into a product.....

November 24 2010 005bbbb

November 24 2010 001

I love to draw up a lot of the stuff that becomes a 3d object....it is so much fun to see it on paper and then see it live....here are some snowman ornaments that I worked on for Christmas 2010....I have a thing for creating snowmen every year...so this cute one is the signature piece for 2010.....I would love to create keepsake ornaments for shops like Hallmark....
November 24 2010 007

who knows maybe I will have a whole Annual line one of these years....it would be a dream come true.....
November 24 2010 008

Next time you head out for some Holiday shopping look at all the cool things people created as an illustration before it ever became a product....everything out there was on paper at one time....a little seed of an idea...that either got approved and was mass produced or special art pieces that only had a limited run....either way I bet you have somethings special that was drawn up in the minds of some really neat Illustrators.....Technically....it is called Product Development.....and it is so much fun!!!!

I love drawing each and every day.....

Happy Creating!!!!

9 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

this is so cute. I completely can see your art being swooped up with passion by Hallmark. Have you approached them? Yes have a line... of xmas ornaments, one a year and you will have your collectors!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammie.....that would be such a dream come true....thank you for the kind words....very sweet of you!!

Lori Saul said...

Fabulous ornaments- how wonderful to see your drawing develope into such a beautiful holiday treasures Diana. I admire your work and business sense so much- you are making your dreams come true. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and have a wonderful day!

Caroline said...

My, how beautifully your drawing translated into this ornament! Love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lori.....I had some fun with these cute snowmen...

Thank you Caroline....they are cute!!


Have a wonderful night and thank you for popping by!

SaraLynnArt said...

Charming ornaments! I love the way their faces are painted. <3

marianne said...

What a cute ornament you have created!
It all starts somewhere in a creative brain like yours.

Hope your designs will make it to Hallmark one day. Wouldn't that be great!

Unknown said...

Thank you SarahLynn....I always picture snowmen this way.....

Thank you Marianne.....it would be a dream for me...and the Holidays are my favorite time of year!!!!


Have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Just finished my Thanksgiving dinner and couldn't resist taking a look at this cute little guy! Oh, Diana! Why NOT have an annual Christmas line?!? If you can conceive it and believe it, you can make it happen!!! Just look at Mary Englebreit!!!! Happy Hugs, Terri xoxo

 
Blogging tips