Wednesday, November 10, 2010
I found these amazing cute little bird cages and was immediately inspired by them...today I am working on some of my bird cages and will show you what I come up with once I am happy with the results....I have so many ideas for these....
What do you think I will make with these?
I also made these yummy baked eggs...they were so good....I highly recommend this as a nice late breakfast or a nice quick lunch....
I took two baking dishes...buttered the dishes...added two eggs in each dish...
some salt and pepper....cut cherry tomatoes....cheddar cheese, a little milk, salt and pepper and a drizzle of taco sauce on mine.....then some chopped scallions over the eggs and everything....served it with some yummy bread and it was delish!
If you want to do this for a brunch you can use a larger dish and try this recipe out too....This recipe is from Foodnetwork ....A quick and easy egg dish from Roger Mooking that's great for brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner.
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
* 8 fresh eggs, room temperature
* 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/3 cup 35% cream
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 bunch chives, finely sliced
* 4 slices of toast
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Divide vegetable oil and shallots evenly among four oven proof wide-mouthed
3. Gently crack 2 eggs per ramekin.
4. Top eggs evenly with tomato, butter and cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper, place in oven for approximately 8-10 minutes
until whites of egg have set.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with chives, serve immediately with toast.