Friday, May 14, 2010

Busy Week....and a party to plan...Oar Cottage Commission complete - my submission to IF this week...., new Book Project, and my Mom's Party planning ...

The theme on IF this week is "Equipment" and I had to submit these cottage oars I just finished...this is vital equipment in any boat.....Happy Friday !!!

oar commission 2

oar commission

Blog book ad for marketing

Mom's Birthday 2

Wow...a busy busy week...but this weekend will be filled with family and fun...with my Mom's Birthday surprise....I am thinking her party will be Paris inspired....you know me and Paris....lol....

I also wanted to end the week with a few of my fun updates for you....that cottage commission I mentioned earlier on is complete....the two oars will be heading to their new home today....I love wood and pyrography projects.....

and some more exciting news ....I am working on a new book with author Katrina Foraker...if you love cute little pugs...then this will be a perfect book for you...at any age....

Well I will be off-line for a few days to take a breather and celebrate my Mom's Birthday.....so I will catch up with you all when I've eaten enough cake and enjoyed some wonderful laughs with my amazing family and friends....

Hugs and Happy Friday!!!!
Diana

14 comments:

Deborah said...

Holy Moly, I think you do need some time off! LOVE the oars, especially the beaver. So realistic. Congratulations on the new book!!! Happy Birthday to your Mombie!!!
**head spins and pops off** Love, Deb

Teri said...

The oars look fab as does everything you showed us!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh my Goodness Diana!!
Look at all the Wonderful things you have been up to!!

I am just super excited to be working with you and your talent is amazing!!

You have fun this weekend with your Mom's Surprise Birthday Party! The Paris inspired theme sounds fabulous!

Hugs,
~Katrina

Terri Kahrs said...

Enjoy your cake and time away from the matrix, Diana! Happy, Happy Birthday to your Mom. I adore those oars, and am sure the new owners will be over the moon with them!!! Happy Weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

josh pincus is crying said...

Jeez, girl! Is there anything you can't do? Great work all around!

Marie S said...

I love the oars Diana. You are so dang busy, I feel like a slug.
Happy happy birthday to your mom!!
Have a nice break and congratulations on the book!!
Have a great weekend.

soulbrush said...

happy happy birthday mom and i will definitely be getting another of your awesomely illustrated books for maggie. good luck diana.

michael robertson said...

beautiful work, diana!

Ces Adorio said...

OH MY GOODNESS. These are all great and I feel so awful that I am in such a slump. I really think you have a factory and you have hired hands. I just have tired hands.

Amazing. You truly are a top caliber artist. Your work is so diverse!

Dear Fireflies said...

My, my, my, aren't we a busy bee?? Oh, your oars are gorgeous, Diana! I SO love the details you've put in. :)

Manon said...

So many goodies to look at!! Thank you!!
Happy Birthday to Diana's mom!!
Enjoy your time!!

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Diana! You tired me out JUST reading what you've been up to. WOW! Those oars are so amazing! That is such a cool idea! The book looks wonderful... my daughter has a pug... I'll have to let her know. ... and happy birthday to your mom.

Eugen Caitaz said...

Diana, Mu congratulations for your mom! Happy Weekend for you too!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh WOW! I am in awe over your oars. The way you've captured his fur is spectacular!!! All those teeny tiny lines...wow....

YAY to the new book. Hahahaha, what a cute cover. And your Parisian madamoiselle, she is tres jolie. Happy birthday to your mom! Hope the party is fantastic. Enjoy your time off!

 
Blogging tips