Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesdays in Paris....

Hi Everyone...for anyone new to my blog every Wednesday I feature some art inspired by the city of lights.....La Ville-Lumière.....Do you know why Paris is called "the city of lights"

Paris is called the "city of lights' because it is the most- lit city in the world.
In 1828, Paris was the first city in Europe to use gas lamps. It used gas lamps to light the Champs De Elysees......having all these lights earned it the nickname La Ville Lumiere....The City of Lights.....pretty neat!!! I know whenever I hear Paris my eyes light up!!!

I am having so much fun with Wednesdays in Paris....and this week's watercolour is inspired by the Eiffel Tower.....It is created with 140 lb watercolour paper, liquid watercolour paints, ink and metallic liquid acrylics....It is inspired by Spring in Paris....and I hope you enjoy it!

It is also available in my Etsy Shop....

4 comments:

soulbrush said...

the eiffel tower was for me one of the most amazing sights i ever saw..better than the pyramids (for me). if this were an atc card, i would grab it!

June said...

Its gorgeous Diana, a truly brilliant painting of part of my favourite city.My favourite place in Paris is Notre Dame but the tower is beautiful too
Hugs June xxx

Teri said...

This is beautiful Diana right down to the atmosphere around the tower!

Manon said...

Love this piece Diana!

 
Blogging tips