Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mini Paintings - Inspired by some of my favorite famous paintings....



Hi Everyone...

On our vacation I had thought about messing around with some mini-paintings....

and you know I had to incorporate cupcakes in them some how...lol

So here are the ink sketches...I will be painting these and posting them in colour....






These are a tribute to some of my all time favorites.....
  • Picasso - "Woman with Book" in my case it is "Woman with cupcake"
  • Grant Wood - "American Gothic" in my case they pierced a cupcake with the fork
  • Leonardo Da Vinci - "Mona Lisa" in my case I created 2....she is one of my favorites....she is waiting to eat her cupcake...
  • Rene Magritte - "Son of Man" I always picture a cupcake instead of the green apple on this one...
  • Edward Munch - "The Scream" ...something I always do when I see a great cupcake...

Well I hope these brought a smile to your day....

Who are some of your favorite painters and pieces...I would love to know...

Thanks for popping in and saying hello!

Hugs

Diana

18 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love these sketches - so playful. My favorite artist is Monet. Can't wait to see them in color. =)

Anonymous said...

love these. what a great idea to incorporate cupcakes.lol

Jennifer Thermes said...

Haha! I love these, Diana! Especially with cupcakes. "The Scream" is hilarious. :-)

Anonymous said...

where do you come up with this stuff. very neat ideas Diana

Anonymous said...

love the Mona Lisa ones Diana. I knew there had to be a cupcake somewhere. he he

Kathleen Rietz said...

Oh my gosh! These are SO CUTE and clever!!!!! Diana, check out my blog - the new cupcake ribbons I designed are in and available at jcaroline creative. You will LOVE them! Just as sweet as the real deal but with much less calories. : )

Kathleen Rietz said...

PS...The Scream has always been a favorite. : )

test it comm said...

I like the addition of the cupcakes to the famous paintings.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the notes everyone!!! I love hearing from you....

hugsssssssssssssssssss

Tony LaRocca said...

weirdly cool!

danetteb said...

I like your cupcakes remakes :)Poor Mona Lisa having to wait for her cupcake.

My favorite paintoing is Monet's Water Lilies.

Hugs, Danette

Honor said...

Hi Diana, these are great! You're so sneaky with those cupcakes... I didn't even realize they were there at first. Can't wait to see them in colour. x

lee said...

I love these, cant wait to see them in colour....your should do something with these

Emily said...

what a fun study of the classics! my favorite is woman with a cupcake! hihi...
cheers!

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

I love this concept!!! My old fave. . . Botticelli's Birth of Venus. She needs a cupcake too!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi diana
i love your mini paintings!
i missed you while i was away.
xo
melissa

marianne said...

Lovely interpretations!
Love the Magritte and the scream I like better than the original.
One of my favorite painters is definitely Frida Kahlo and I also love Gauguin.
The pictures of your vacation are wonderful as well!
Glad you are back and that you had such a good time
Love >M<

Anonymous said...

we're on the same wavelength!! great minds think alike for sure!! they look great!

a : )

 
Blogging tips